The title of this post may be a bit misleading. After all, is it really a job if it’s fun and easy? 🙂 Let’s see if we can find some things that will generate cash while not being too boring or stressful.
Here are 25 things you could do to make money while staying at home. These are great options if you are a parent, student or just want to make some extra money on the side.
25 Fun & Easy Work from Home Jobs
- Do you have a special skill like programming, knitting or cake decorating? Teach this skill online and you’ll not only earn money but be able to share your skills with others for a rewarding experience. Check out websites like Skillshare and Udemy. Watch some videos and then get inspired to make your own.
- Make money while sitting in your pajamas. Sound good? Sign up to do online surveys and earn money while answering questions on your computer or smart phone. There are lots of sites where you can do this. The best paid survey sites in the USA are Swagbucks, YouGov and Toluna.
- If you are extremely organized, good at writing emails and love helping others you might enjoy being a virtual assistant. The options are endless. You might help a blogger with tasks like updating links or assist a small business owner with invoicing clients. This is a popular work at home job for Moms as they can easily do it while the kids are in school for the day.
- Data entry is something that can be done by anyone with good typing skills and access to a computer. It’s a common work at home job. You might enter information from written forms into the computer or transcribe audio recordings. Check sites like Upwork or Flexjobs for at home data entry positions if working from home online appeals to you.
- Almost everyone has extra stuff around the house that they don’t need. Sell your old stuff online to earn a bit of cash. You can turn it into an ongoing business by selling stuff for other people like friends and family. Offer to look through their junk and take it off their hands for free, or offer them a portion of the proceeds. Most people have at least a few valuable things like old gadgets that they just haven’t had time or motivation to sell or get rid of.
- Do you love to draw? Maybe you’d enjoy designing fabric for Spoonflower. You can make plaid patterns or florals or whatever strikes your fancy. Others can shop your designs too and sew quilts, dresses, tea towels or other items. You could also make items from your fabric and sell them online or at craft fairs.
- If you can speak and write in multiple languages then translation services are an excellent option for you. The possibilities are endless. Help translate a website from one language to another, translate and edit marketing materials, write subtitles for videos, or even help people make important phone calls in a different language.
- If you love to write, share and create then you could start a blog. You might be surprised by how much income you can generate online. It might look easy, but it is a lot of work. However, if you find it fun you won’t mind the extra hours. Learn how to start a blog here, then sign up for Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing to learn how to get that passive income machine going.
- Bookkeeping and accounting are jobs you can definitely do from home. Help individuals or businesses with their tax returns or keep financial records for local entrepreneurs. Depending on the tasks you might need special training and licenses for this work but if you enjoy numbers this is an excellent work at home job.
- Freelance writing is an ideal work at home career. If you have special knowledge in finance, science or engineering you could make even more money doing specialized jobs. Editors can make even more than writers so work your way toward that if it appeals to you.
- Do you love looking for discounts? If so, you might want to put your bargain hunting to work. Buy extra items at a discount and sell them online at a higher price. For example, maybe you found an amazing deal on a stylish pair of shoes but they’re not your size. Sell them on eBay or Craigslist for slightly more and keep that profit for yourself. Just be careful and don’t buy too much that you can’t sell. It helps to specialize in something you know a lot about, like a collectable item or brand that’s hard to find.
- This one definitely falls into the “easy” category. Make money by doing your normal searches online. Install tracking code into your browser and earn while you do your normal things online. Obviously you are not going to get rich quick doing this, but if you spend a lot of time on the internet it could be a good way to earn a few bucks while doing so. Sign up for these programs at Swagbucks, Nielsen and Leapforce.
- If you enjoy being in front of a camera you might want to consider creating YouTube videos. The options are endless. You could review products you have tried, you could do tutorials on how to do something specific or you could just chat about whatever topics you like. If you can attract viewers you can monetize your channel and earn some money. The better you are, the more you earn. Some YouTubers are raking in the dough.
- Have a case of wanderlust and love planning trips? Travel agent is a popular work at home job. You could start your own business or join an established agency and still do all your work via email and phone.
- This one is for crafty people. Whether you enjoy knitting, jewelry making or sewing you can sell your crafts on Etsy or Amazon Handmade for a nice home business. Search the site to see what others are selling and think about things you can make that might be popular. Want to learn how to sell on Etsy? Check out this helpful online class.
Check out these 8 way to make money from your creative hobbies.
- Do you have special knowledge that others might like to learn? You can create an online pdf based course and sell it on platforms like Teachable or on your own website as an ebook.
- Are you a shutterbug? Sell your photography to make some extra money. There are lots of ways to do this. You can upload your images to stock photography websites like Shutterstock or sell art prints from your own website. You can do this as a side hustle or make great income by dedicating more time and effort. Set up a small studio at home to create custom stock photos of products or food. If you can get the time to leave home you can also sell your services as a portrait or wedding photographer.
- Graphic design is a specialty that is always in demand. Design logos or websites for clients, help a local restaurant design their menu or create templates to sell on sites like Creative Market. Design is on everything. This is one of the best jobs that you can do from anywhere you have a computer and software.
- Could you spend all day on Pinterest? Why not become a Pinterest virtual assistant and make money with your hobby. Lots of bloggers and businesses need someone to help them with their Pinterest accounts and you can easily do this from home. Communicate with clients via phone, skype or email and pin the day away. If you have expertise in other platforms you could also get a job as a freelance social media manager and work from home.
- Are you a painter, designer or illustrator? Sell your art on Zazzle or RedBubble. These print on demand websites do all the work for you. All you need to do is create lovely art and upload it to the sites. They’ll print your designs on tshirts, coffee mugs and stickers and sell it to their customers. Order some yourself and sell them in a webshop or at local craft fairs.
- Have a phone and love talking to people? Try telemarketing or other phone work. This is a great work at home job that has been around a long time. Telemarketing is declining since many people no longer have home phones, but there are many other jobs that require talking on the phone like customer service calls. Many businesses use call centers but some will allow you to work from home with the proper equipment and access to the internet and phone.
- Programming is a great way to make money from home and is a highly marketable skill. Are you a master coder? If you don’t know much start learning the basics today and you can sell your programming services for web design and applications.
- Are you an amazing baker or chef? Maybe you can develop a product to sell or write a cookbook or food blog. There are a lot of options for people with cooking skills. Many food businesses began in someone’s home kitchen. If you plan to sell food you prepared at home be sure to check out the local laws though.
- Have some extra cash to invest? You could take a look at peer to peer investing sites to see if these would be a good way to make money. Some of these allow you to make loans to small businesses or real estate investors and get paid in interest or as a balloon payment at the end of the term. Some of the sites require that you are an accredited investor in order to qualify. For real estate lending check out PeerStreet and for other loans take a look at LendingClub.
- Maybe you are great at coming up with ideas and doing the tasks necessary to be successful but you aren’t great at design and being creative? Why not hire someone on Fiverr or Upwork to do the creative task like writing, illustration or photography while you build the business aspect? An example of this would be a funny tshirt business where you inexpensively hire someone else to create the designs and you find the way to sell and market them.
If you’d like to get inspired for more fun and interesting ideas to work from home I recommend listening to the SideHustle School podcast.
Good luck finding the perfect work from home job for you that is fun and easy!
PIN IT NOW